BECOME A BACKBONE
• Lead IT audit engagements including: scope identification, audit request list, planning and execution
• Conduct information gathering workshops which may involve senior managements and/or technical staff
• Analyze clients’ requirements and issues from a business and technology perspective and translate them into application functionalities
• Determine the root causes of problems; break down complex issues and identify solutions and provide supporting rationale
• Ensure the alignment of any proposed solutions with stakeholder expectations by involving all relevant parties and building understanding
• Nurture a knowledge-enabling environment by encouraging participation and mutual understanding
We are continuously seeking suitably qualified, high performing professionals to join the Backbone Consultants team. We require that individuals fulfill our commitment to topnotch customer service and delivery of premier work product. As the next Backbone, you will be involved in providing risk based assurance services to our portfolio of local and regional clients in a diverse set of industries including, financial services, agriculture, entertainment, healthcare and beyond. You will be responsible for the execution of Backbone’s risk based audit approach and leading various engagement activities during the fieldwork. In addition, you will have the opportunity to provide a variety of cybersecurity and data privacy services to our clients.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to develop their technical expertise and build their knowledge of multiple industries and have the ability to work with a number of high profile clients. The position reports to Backbone's leadership team and will have direct responsibility for engagement execution.
Leverage Backbone to train your existing staff to manage IT audits so that your internal teams can take the lead in future reviews, with or without our assistance. Your staff may lack full expertise on the latest software and data protection measures, and as your partner, we can provide that missing link. Additionally, specific technology solutions and IT security pattern trainings can be attained to strengthen and retain specialized expertise with your in house staff.
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW
• Bachelor’s degree with preferred emphasis in information systems or computer science
• Minimum of 3-5 (Sr. Consultant) 6-9 (Manager) years of work experience in security, operational risk, compliance or related area
• One or more industry certifications, i.e. CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM, CIPP
• Working knowledge of industry security standards and frameworks, i.e. OWASP, NIST, ISO, ISF, COBIT, ITIL, Cloud Security Alliance
• Solid understanding of regulatory requirements, i.e. SOX, PCI, HIPAA, GLBA, PHI, PII, SOC
• Hands-on experience with ERP, GRC, and CRM technologies, i.e. SAP or Oracle, Archer, Salesforce
• Willingness to travel
• Excellent customer service provider that is well presented and punctual
• Self-motivated, independent worker with good project management skills
• Strong communication skills, especially in documenting workpapers and report writing
• Demonstrate problem solving, critical thinking and logical structuring skills
• Master's degree
• 2+ years of big four or public accounting experience
Interested in joining the premier Backbone Team? We are always looking for talented IT professionals with strong technical skills and fantastic business acumen.